The holidays are filled with tons of travel. Whether you’re visiting family or just escaping city life for the beaches, you’re leaving your go-to yoga class behind. And, as you may not be too familiar with your destination, maintaining a healthy routine can be challenging. So, here are some tips for staying healthy while on the road.
1) Bring snacks. Planning in advance is a huge theme for maintaining optimal health, especially while traveling. Before heading out of town, pack up some of your favorite healthy snacks. This way, you’ll reach for that Larabar instead of a sugary Kit Kat when hunger strikes.
2) Drink your greens. When vacationing, it can be difficult to consume the greens we need every day. So, I always find a juice shop, Whole Foods, etc., and grab a daily cold-pressed juice. This is a great way to get in your greens while seeing the sights.
3) Bring essential oils. I don’t leave home without my essential oils, especially when traveling. DoTERRA OnGuard, Peppermint and Lavender are my favorite oils for helping protect against colds, easing digestive issues and jet lag, and calming anxiety.
4) Take magnesium. When we’re out of our normal routine, our body gets thrown
off a bit. And, these changes can lead to good ol’ constipation. (We’ve all dealt with this at some point!) So, when on the road, I always take 200-400mg of magnesium before bed. Magnesium helps nerve and muscle function, which allows for regular elimination.
5) Move your body. Even though travel schedules can be quite hectic, squeezing in some exercise is crucial. Take advantage of the hotel gym, walk to your destinations, do a 20-minute YouTube exercise video, etc. Just move!
Enjoy your travels!